Thursday, May 13, 2010

A week into the city !!!

Hi .. a week into the city and here goes in my second post ...

I ll take it off from where I left off last time... So that afternoon I went to see Paris city. I was joined by Mehul Jain (it was really me joining him, but I like it this way) and we started our little tour through Paris from Notre Dame Cathedral. The Cathedral and it surrounds for the first really got me a feel of Europe as I had seen it through the movies. The Seine passes by and its certainly quite a beautiful setting in a sunny afternoon. The Cathedral on the other hand, is well nice. Nothing exemplary but nevertheless worth a watch.

Moving on from there, we headed to this place called invalides which had an arms museum which houses Napolean's tomb. Now I have always wondered why they build such grand tombs : is it the celebration of our man's life or his death ? For Napolean i think different people can interpret it differently. Anyways we then walked through the Grand Palais and the Petit Palais (the big palace and the small palace) on towards Champs Elysee which is like this really posh driveway towards the Arc de Triomphe. There we ended our mini tour and we proceeded towards this very Indianish place from where we could get some Indian stuff (I think I saw Vicco turmeric there too ... aah those lovely ads !!!! ) Anyways you can find the pictures here ...
http://picasaweb.google.co.in/naman33k/FirstDayOutInParis02?authkey=Gv1sRgCMjCkb3SyLqRYA&feat=directlink

Now that was my little tour; otherwise life through the week has been cool. I have started to understand my work and now I need to run through the code and understand it to really spark it off.

My cooking exploits .. umm .. I d call them avergeish good (I hope you get what i mean there). I mean I have successfully cooked good Aloo Tamatar, awesome rice and pretty tasty Daal. I call it averageish 'cause I really have not experimented much but I think I will through this week.

Weather ko toh meri khud ki nazar lag gayi. It has turned gloomy and has started to drizzle. Aah, rain here certainly makes things worse as it is often accompanied by lots of chill, but still I think its only going to get better as we head into June.

More or less that sums up the week and my next post would be based upon the outline of the theory that I have read over this time and my work here, so if you are just by chance following this blog (i hope there is at least one homosapien doing this) and are not so particularly interested in theoretical stuff, you just may wanna skip it. Hope you are having a good time wherever you are !!

Au revoir ..

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Your site really interesting, especially the pictures I really love and see the movies,
    I recently came across your blog and have been watching movie and looking pictures along. please comment my blog. http://phnomsroks.blogspot.com/
    I have enjoyed your web blog. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. You have a good job, thanks your invited my site.

    ReplyDelete